World Antimicrobial Awareness Week
About World Antimicrobial Awareness Week
We celebrate World Antimicrobial Awareness Week (WAAW) annually from 18 to 24 November.
Three organisations work together each year to coordinate the global WAAW campaign, the:
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE)
- World Health Organisation (WHO).
Participants are encouraged to:
- spread awareness about what AMR is
- share stories about its consequences
- demonstrate how the actions of individuals, families, professionals, and communities affect the spread of AMR.
Learn more about WAAW.