12 news items
- 24 March 2021The Australian Government has released the second and final Progress Report for Australia’s First National Antimicrobial Resistance Strategy 2015-2019.
- 19 February 2021The Australian Government has released the One Health Master Action Plan to help guide and coordinate the actions of government, industry, researchers, professionals and the public, over the next 5 years, to achieve the objectives of Australia’s National Antimicrobial Resistance Strategy – 2020 and beyond.
- 16 November 2020To mark World Antimicrobial Awareness Week for 2020, we are reminding all Australians to stop and think very carefully about how they use antimicrobial medicines (antimicrobials). The global theme for this year is Antimicrobials: handle with care.
- 16 November 2020This week we remind ourselves that using antibiotics too much or incorrectly increases drug resistance in the bugs we’re trying to kill. This makes infections harder to treat and increases the risk of disease, severe illness and death. Only use antibiotics when necessary and as directed by your doctor.
- 13 March 2020The Australian Government has released Australia’s next national antimicrobial resistance strategy, following endorsement by the Council of Australian Governments.
- 18 November 2019To mark Antibiotic Awareness Week for 2019, Professor Brendan Murphy, Australian Government Chief Medical Officer and Dr Mark Schipp, Australian Chief Veterinary Officer have released a joint statement on how Australians can reduce antibiotic resistance.
- 12 November 2018This week is Antibiotic Awareness Week. Professor Brendan Murphy, Chief Medical Officer, and Dr Mark Schipp, Chief Veterinary Officer, have released a statement to encourage all Australians to join together and take action to reduce antibiotic resistance.
- 1 May 2018On 16 February 2018 the Australian Government announced two major research projects to better understand antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in residential aged care facilities. These projects are funded under the Medical Research Future Fund’s Tackling Antimicrobial Resistance program.
- 1 March 2018The Antibiotic Use and Resistance in Australia (AURA) January 2018 newsletter from the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care is now available.
- 13 November 2017The Australian Government has launched a new website to help tackle the rise of antimicrobial resistance.