7 news items
- 18 November 2019To mark Antibiotic Awareness Week for 2019, Professor Brendan Murphy, Australian Government Chief Medical Officer and Dr Mark Schipp, Australian Chief Veterinary Officer have released a joint statement on how Australians can reduce antibiotic resistance.
- 12 November 2018This week is Antibiotic Awareness Week. Professor Brendan Murphy, Chief Medical Officer, and Dr Mark Schipp, Chief Veterinary Officer, have released a statement to encourage all Australians to join together and take action to reduce antibiotic resistance.
- 1 May 2018On 16 February 2018 the Australian Government announced two major research projects to better understand antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in residential aged care facilities. These projects are funded under the Medical Research Future Fund’s Tackling Antimicrobial Resistance program.
- 1 March 2018The Antibiotic Use and Resistance in Australia (AURA) January 2018 newsletter from the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care is now available.
- 13 November 2017The Australian Government has launched a new website to help tackle the rise of antimicrobial resistance.
- 10 November 2017To mark Antibiotic Awareness Week for 2017, Tony Hobbs, acting Chief Medical Officer and Mark Schipp, Chief Veterinary Officer have released a statement asking all Australians to pause and consider their antibiotic use.
- 31 October 2017New study proves the wait and see method instead of antibiotics can be highly effective.