Continuing professional development (CPD)
The Quality Improvement Incentive (QPI) is an incentive to encourage general practices to use current information about the quality use of medicines and medical tests. It is one of the incentives of the Australian Government's Practice Incentives Program (PIP). It also helps practices to maintain accreditation standards.
A range of CPD activities are available to support antibiotic prescribing. Some of these courses are also recognised for the PIP QPI:
- Clinical e-Audit: Management of specific respiratory tract infections
- Case Study: Urinary tract infections: exploring antibiotic treatment
- Case Study: Otitis media: clarifying the role of antibiotics
- Course: Introduction to antimicrobial prescribing
- Course: Antimicrobial prescribing in a hospital setting