Further education and training
The Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care (the Commission) and NPS MedicineWise have developed a series of e-learning modules about antimicrobial prescribing.
The modules are for:
- prescribers in their first two years out of medical school
- nurse practitioners
- hospital pharmacists
- university students.
Each module addresses a specific area for antimicrobial use in hospitals. They are available on the NPS MedicineWise website:
- Introduction to antimicrobial prescribing
- Antimicrobials: surgical prophylaxis
- Antimicrobials: community-acquired pneumonia
- Antimicrobials: bacteraemia
- Antimicrobials: catheter-associated urinary tract infections
- National standard medication charts
- National Prescribing Curriculum module: Urinary tract infections
The Commission also has educational resources to support antimicrobial stewardship.