National Centre for Antimicrobial Stewardship; University of Melbourne; Royal Melbourne Hospital; Peter Doherty Institute for Infection and Immunity; Monash University.
The NCAS aims to:
- generate evidence on antimicrobial use and stewardship
- influence national policy to promote judicious use of antimicrobials across human and animal health
- improve knowledge and build workforce capacity among all stakeholders.
NCAS’ research streams include:
- tertiary hospitals
- rural and regional hospitals
- aged care homes
- general practice
- veterinary and agricultural medicine.