6 news items
- select to clear
- 18 November 2019To mark Antibiotic Awareness Week for 2019, Professor Brendan Murphy, Australian Government Chief Medical Officer and Dr Mark Schipp, Australian Chief Veterinary Officer have released a joint statement on how Australians can reduce antibiotic resistance.
- 12 November 2018This week is Antibiotic Awareness Week. Professor Brendan Murphy, Chief Medical Officer, and Dr Mark Schipp, Chief Veterinary Officer, have released a statement to encourage all Australians to join together and take action to reduce antibiotic resistance.
- 1 March 2018The Antibiotic Use and Resistance in Australia (AURA) January 2018 newsletter from the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care is now available.
- 13 November 2017The Australian Government has launched a new website to help tackle the rise of antimicrobial resistance.
- 10 November 2017To mark Antibiotic Awareness Week for 2017, Tony Hobbs, acting Chief Medical Officer and Mark Schipp, Chief Veterinary Officer have released a statement asking all Australians to pause and consider their antibiotic use.
- 31 October 2017New study proves the wait and see method instead of antibiotics can be highly effective.